Try this Amazing Aloe Vera Smoothie
This truly amazing Aloe Vera smoothie adds all the benefits of the superfood aloe vera plant in one healthy and deliciously refreshing drink. This smoothie is not only a huge hit but it can help you boost your immunity & hydrate your skin at the same time. Bonus! This Aloe Vera smoothie recipe is super easy to make at home with a blender and is considered a healthy drink as it’s pack full of nutrients and low in sugar.
You probably heard all about the fantastic skin and hair benefits of Aloe Vera. Aloe heals sunburns, replenishes split ends and moisturizes the skin. But you can in fact eat aloe vera gel from the Aloe Vera leaves which provides additional health benefits. If the idea of eating aloe gel straight from the plant is not your thing, you can put aloe vera in your smoothies.
What is Aloe Vera?
Aloe vera, is commonly known as a “wonder plant,” due to its health benefits. Aloe Vera is famous for the gel found in the plant’s leaves, and there are hundreds of varieties of Aloe plants but you only want to consume the Aloe from the Aloe Vera Bardadensis plant. That gel is used mostly in personal products like moisturizers, soaps, and sunburn gels, herbal remedies, food supplements, cosmetics and of course, food products.
Can you eat Aloe Vera?
Aloe Vera is in fact edible and very good for you. Because Aloe Vera can sometimes have a strong odor, Many people like to consume Aloe Vera in smoothies which does a great job of masking the smell. Aloe in a smoothie allows you to blend the gel with your favourite ingredients and still get its amazing health benefits.
Just keep in mind that fresh aloe vera is laborious and sometimes purchasing fresh Aloe gel already cut from the leaves has its benefits. If you do decide to use it raw from the leaves of the plant, make sure to wash the leaves and drain the yellow “Aloin” first. Aloin a laxative and best to leave it out of your recipe.
The Many Health Benefits of Aloe Vera in a Smoothie
- Can aid your digestive system
- Heals wounds faster
- Treats constipation
- Prevents wrinkles and slows down the ageing process of your skin
- Is known to lower blood sugar
- Can boost your immunity
- Can be used to prevent hair loss
Aloe Vera Smoothie Ingredient List
One Cup Coconut milk
Six Frozen Strawberries
One Whole Banana
¼ cup of Food Grade Aloe Vera Gel
½ Cup of Ice
How to Make a Delicious Aloe Vera Smoothie
Place all the ingredients listed above in a blender, and blend for about 2-3 minutes. You can always add more coconut milk if your smoothie is too thick and you can also add a sweetener if so desired.
Tips for Your Aloe Vera Smoothie
- Blend for at least 2 to 3 minutes to make sure there are no lumps left.
- Drink it straight away. This Aloe smoothie is best consumed as soon as you make it, as soon as the ingredients are blended, they slowly start to lose their nutrients. However, It will keep for 24 hours in an airtight container in the fridge.
- Use frozen fruits instead of fresh. Frozen bananas will add a nice creamy texture and if you use frozen fruits, you won’t need to add ice..
- Buy aloe vera in your local store. Most large grocery stores now carry aloe vera leaves and you can also find them in the produce section. If the leaves are not available, most large grocery stores stock canned Aloe Vera. If your grocery store does not carry either an Asian grocery store will probably stock it and if you can’t access one near you, you can order it online.
- And if you prefer, you can substitute Aloe Vera Juice for the gel in your smoothie. You get the same nutritional benefits without the fibre or mess.